It has been two decades since the hit sitcom Sister Sister wrapped. The comedy launched twin sisters Tia and Tamera Mowry into superstardom.
While each of the twins has gone on to have successful careers in Hollywood, fans can’t help continuously ask if a Sister Sister reboot is possible. It is the era of revivals and reboots after all.
Tia addressed the topic with Entertainment Tonight as she dished on motherhood, as well as her upcoming Lifetime movie, A Very Vintage Christmas.
Everyone’s excited about Hocus Pocus and I’m over here wondering when they’re gonna play Twitches with Tia and Tamera Mowry
See Janel B's other Tweets
“I was just saying earlier, maybe [we could] do a Christmas movie together. Could you imagine all of us doing a Christmas movie together? The last time we did a movie together was in, maybe, 2009? It’s been a while. We did a movie called 17 Again and it was all three of us. I think it’s been more than 10 years,” she told ET’s Katie Krause regarding working with Tamera and their brother Tahj.
The entire Mowry clan is open to working together. It is simply a matter of what and when. Both Tia and Tamera are juggling busy acting careers, with motherhood and marriage.
“Tamera and I always talk about it. We’re always like, ‘What is that next thing?’ It’s about finding the right thing and then also finding something that’s fitting our schedules because she’s on The Real and that’s a very intense schedule. And then my brother, he’s old and like, ‘I don’t know if I want to hang out with my sisters too much,” Tia revealed.
Although the twin sisters do want to work together, fans should not hold their breath for a Sister Sister reboot right now.
Reports back in 2017 indicated the comedy was going to be revived with the original cast intact. Today though that does not appear to be the case.
“It’s hard for me to say ‘never say never’ because I feel like I’m putting that into the universe, I’m a huge believer in what you say is what you get, so I’m saying never say never, but as it stands right now, there’s nothing to report. There are no conversations about a reboot. But like I say, who knows? Look what happened with Will & Grace,” she expressed.
There may be no immediate plans for a Sister Sister reboot but at least Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry Housley are not counting it out. In the meantime, fans can catch Tamera daily on The Real and Tia this holiday season in an original Lifetime movie.

Do you want to see a Sister Sister reboot?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post